Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Waste food:  Any Allotments Nearby?
Posted by: Philippa Bond
Date/Time: 21/01/18 17:29:00

Good luck.

I've always loved being able to say that the worms in the wormery eat my shredded bank statements -but so many people have paper bank statements any more.

You can buy all sorts of wormeries - this afternoon I was looking at one on Wiggly Wigglers which looks like a piece of trendy Scandinavian furniture - but you can also make your own.  A wormery was one of the best presents ever given to me and was given to me by my Dad many years ago.  It was a requested present and nobody else would have indulged me like that!  It was made from a wheelie bin.  I've moved on from that one now to a layered one now which is much easier to use.

I've seen what are called green johanna hot composters in amongst the shrubs in a landscaped garden b a LA office  where a waste minimisation officer was trying them out and sharing and showing colleagues how it worked.

If your solution doesn't work out I'm sure there are other options!  (I'm surprised that LBH&F doesn't have a food waste collection for anaerobic digestion but everything costs.)

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Waste food06/01/18 17:29:00 Anne Sedgwick
   Re:Waste food19/01/18 17:24:00 Philippa Bond
   Re:Waste food:  Any Allotments Nearby?21/01/18 11:08:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:Waste food:  Any Allotments Nearby?21/01/18 15:23:00 Anne Sedgwick
         Re:Re:Re:Waste food:  Any Allotments Nearby?21/01/18 17:29:00 Philippa Bond
   Re:Waste food28/02/18 23:23:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:  Food Waste Collections & Composting03/03/18 08:16:00 Philippa Bond

Forum Home